On behalf of the National Lo-Pha Society, Inc., I am Richard Lor and I am excited to serve as the 2013 – 2015 National Chairman of Lo-Pha Society, Inc. First, I want to thank you each and everyone of you for your support and your commitment to National Lo-Pha Society. I also want to thank Attorney Nao Sia Lo (Immediate Former National Chairman) and the previous 2011 – 2013 National Lo-Pha Society Board of Directors for their hard work and accomplishments within the last two years, and all the former National Chairmen for their leadership, which allowed the opportunity for my current administration.
We would like to properly welcome our current Executive Officers, Board of Directors and Board of Advisors who will serve a two year term from 2013 - 2015:
Mr. Richard Lor - President
Mr. Naobee Lor – Vice President
Mr. Ger Lor – Secretary
Mr. Steve Lor – Treasurer
Mr. Neng Lor – Treasurer
As well as all branches of our Board of Directors and Board of Advisors. We appreciate their service in supporting National Lo-Pha Society’s mission.
Lo-Pha Society, Inc.
P.O. Box 600087
Saint Paul, MN 55106
Lo-Pha Society, Inc.
445 Etna Street # 62
Saint Paul, MN 55106(651) 354-3863
National Lo-Pha Society Family Site Visit and Outreach in 2014:
1. Attend and Speech for Lo-Pha Society of North Carolina's New Year Celebration on Saturday, November 8, 2014 in Hickory, NC. Received a Properly Welcome from President Nhia Tao Lor and his Board of Director.
2. Attend and Open Lo-Pha Society of Michigan's New Year Celebration on Saturday, October 25, 2014 in Warrens, MI. Received a Properly Welcome from President Passy Lor and his Board of Director.
3. Attend and Speech for Former Tasang Youa Va Lo's Funeral Serives on Sunday, September 21, 2014 in Sacramento, CA.
4. Attend and Speech for Former Captain Fav Pov Lor's Funeral Services on Saturday, September 6, 2014 in Wausau, WI.
5. Attend and Speech for the wife of Brother Vang Txoos Lor Kiatoukaysy's Funeral Services on Saturday, August 30, 2014 in Saint Paul, MN.
6. Attend Lo-Pha Society of WI Graduation Celebration and giving a speech for all the graduates of class 2014 on Saturday, July 19, 2014 in Green Bay, WI.
7. Attend Vang Lo's Graduation Party and giving a speech for his Leadership Achievement of Master Degree in School Counseling from University of River Fall, WI on Friday, July 4, 2014 in Saint Paul, MN.
8. Attend Dr. Bobby Lor's Graduation Party and giving a speech for his Leadership Achievement of Doctorate Degree in Chiropractic from Northwestern Health Sciences on Saturday, June 7, 2014 in Menomonie, WI.
9. Attend Former VP Paul Phang's Baci Khites Celabration and giving a speech for his wife Halee Vang of M.A in Specialist Educational Leadership & K-12 Administrative License from Mankato State University of MN on Saturday, May 31, 2014 in Saint Paul, MN.
10. Attend Former President Naotou Lor's Baci Khites Ceremony and giving a speech for his retirement of more than 10 years of President with Lao Veteran of WI in Lacross, WI on Saturday, April 19, 2014. Lo-Pha Families also make some contributions to this event as well.
11. Visit Lauj Family in Melbourne and Sydney, Australia on Sunday, April 6, 2014 to promoting of National Lo-Pha Society, Inc., and invite Mr. Vang Sao Lor to attend the National Lo-Pha Society Annual Conference on Saturday - Sunday, May 24 - 25, 2014.
12. Attend President Tswv Yeng Lor's Baci Khites Ceremony and giving a speech for his event in Wausau, WI on Saturday, March 29, 2014.
13. Attend Hmong 18 Council of MN's Baci Khites Ceremony for President Zongleng Pha and his new administration on Saturday, March 15, 2014.
14. Visit Lo-Pha Society of State Colorado on March 8, 2014 and received a properly welcome from President Blia Yang Lor and his Board of Directors.
15. Attend Lo-Pha Society of State California's meeting to resolve the previous former president issued in Sacramento, CA on Friday 21, 2014.
16. Attend Dr. Fungchatou Lo (Former National Chairman of Lo-Pha Society) Installation Procedure as Executive Director for LINC Twin Cities at Grace Lutheran Church in Brooklyn Park, MN on Sunday, January 26, 2014.
17. Attend Zongleng Pha (Currently a Public Relation of National Lo-Pha Society) Inauguration Ceremony as New Chairman for Hmong 18 Council of Minnesota at Lao Family of Minnesota on Friday, January 3, 2014.
18. Visit Lo-Pha Society of State Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Missouri on December 14, 2013 in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
19. Attend Pha Association of Minnesota New Year Celebration on November 23, 2013 in Saint Paul, Minnesota.
20. Attend Lo-Pha Society of State Minnesota New Year Celebration on November 16, 2013 in Saint Paul, Minnesota.
21. Attend Lauj Family of Minnesota New Year Celebration on November 9, 2013 in Saint Paul, Minnesota.
22. Visit Lo-Pha Society of State North/South Carolina on November 2, 2013 and received a properly welcome from President Nhia Tao Lor and his Board of Directors.
23. Visit Lo-Pha Society of State Massachusetts on October 30, 2013 and received a properly welcome from President Kham Lor and key leader Nchaiv Houa Lor and his Board of Directors.
24. Visit Lo-Pha Society of State Connecticut on October 28, 2013 and received a properly welcome from President XaiPhia Lor and key leader Nhia Kao Lor and his Board of Directors.
25. Visit Lo-Pha Society of State Pennsylvania on October 26, 2013 and received a properly welcome from President Neng Fong Lo and his Board of Directors.
26. Visit Lo-Pha Society of State Michigan on September 28, 2013 and received a properly Welcome from President Passy Lor and his Board of Directors.
National Chairman of Lo-Pha Society, Inc.
Lo earned a
Juris Doctor degree from the University of
California, Los Angeles School of Law and a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of California, Davis. He fills the vacancy created by the retirement of Judge Hugh Flanagan. Lo is a Democrat.
Asian Americans Advancing Justice, Lo is the first Hmong American judge ever appointed in the country. The compensation for this position is $181, 292.
Blow is an article from ABC30:
MERCED, Calif. (KFSN) -- A new judge is sworn into Merced County Superior Court, but it's sparking national attention.
For the first time in the history of the United States, a Hmong man is now a superior court judge. Paul Lo, 45, was sworn in as a Merced County judge on Friday in front of countless family members, friends and community members --all emotional at the sight of immense triumph.
"For him to be in that role now that we have young folks that are coming up that can say 'look, he's on the bench, and we can aspire to become successful,' and so those are important role models that are establishing now," said Fresno City Councilman Blong Xiong.
Lo has crossed more than just judiciary hurdles. He crossed an ocean to get to where he is today. As a child, Lo was one of many Hmong fearing persecution in Vietnam after the Vietnam War. Many Hmong assisted Americans in the war and had to flee the country.
"They paved the way for us to be here tonight with their lives. They left everything they ever knew, lost everything they ever owned, and braved the unknown," said Lo.
Many political leaders including Rep. Jim Costa, D-Fresno, spoke proudly at Friday's historical event.
"That still is a beacon of light throughout the world that you can come here with nothing but the clothes on your back, and if you work hard and you get a good education, you can succeed," said Costa.
Merced County has the fifth largest Hmong community in the country -- now fit with a role model to inspire for generations to come.
NATIONAL CHAIRMAN OF LO-PHA SOCIETY, INC.
CURRENT ADMINISTRATION 2013